ALGERIA: Algerian Government Scholarship
The Algerian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research is offering 12 scholarship opportunities to South African students to study at universities in Algeria.
The language of instruction is French and one year of language training is included in the scholarship.
The scholarship covers tuition, accommodation subsidy and a basic living allowance. Successful applicants will be expected to cover the cost of travel to Algeria and any additional living expenses not covered by the scholarship.
The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) is responsible for nominations, and all applications must be submitted to the DHET. However, no funding to support the uptake of this scholarship can be provided by the DHET.
Application deadline is 20 July 2018. No applications after the deadline will be considered.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must not be more than 25 years age
- South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record;
- Available to study in Algeria from September 2018;
- Must have university entrance on NSC certificate and meet the minimum requirements to gain entry into
a similar course at a South African university;
- Intend to return to South Africa at the end of your studies
Fields of Study?
- Technical sciences
- Science of matter
- Mathematics and computer science
- Nature and Life Sciences
- Science of earth and the universe
- Economic science, management and business
- Religious affairs: Imamat (prayer leading) Bachelor's degree; Preacher imam and / or Professor of the
Submit the following documents to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za by 20 July 2018:
- Completed DHET application form
- Copy of Matric certificate
- Copy of passport
- Reference letter (from teacher or school principal) Must be signed and on a letter head
1. Shortlisted applicants will be notified on 23 July 2018;
2. Interviews will be held in Pretoria or by Skype on 25 July 2018;
3. Nominated candidates will be informed by 27 July 2018 and will be required to complete and submit the Algerian scholarship application form AND submit a medical certificate by no later than 30 July 2018.
4. Final selection will be done by the Algerian Government/universities and successful applicants will be notified by the end of August and must book their own flight to depart for Algeria within the first 2 weeks of September 2018.
For queries regarding the course of study or the scholarship provisions, contact the Algerian Embassy on email: email@example.com or phone 012 342 5077
Documents and links
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training.