The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan is offering scholarships for Bachelor's, Master's and
Doctoral programmes to the citizens of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (including South Africa)
to study at leading Azerbaijan universities. The Department of Higher Education and Training is
responsible for nominations for this scholarship.
Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral
What the scholarship offers
- Tuition fees
- International Flight (once a year, economy class)
- Monthly Stipend to the value of 800 AZN (which includes meals, accommodation and living expenses)
- Medical Insurance
- Visa and registration costs
Any costs not covered or indicated above must be covered by the recipient.
Who can apply?
• Citizen of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries (this includes South Africa)
• For undergraduate programmes applicants must be younger than 25 years old
• For Master's programmes applicants must be younger than 30 years old
• For doctoral programmes applicants must be younger than 40 years old
Selection of applicants will include review of applications and supporting documents, and a face-to-face
or Skype interview
Fields of Study
A large range of fields are included, such as information technology, engineering, etc.
Please refer to the List of participating Universities in Azerbaijan for available courses, eligibility and
admission requirements. Studies in Medicine are excluded and will not be considered.
Application deadline is 8 February 2020.
Forward queries and questions by e-mail at: email@example.com or by telephone at: +994 12 596 92 96
Documents and links
- Azerbaijan Scholarship Programme Application Form
- Azerbaijan Call for Scholarships 2020
- List of participating Universities in Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan Scholarship Programme FAQ
- Guidelines for International Students in Azerbaijan
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are
responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa. If there are any
discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details
provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education