Punjab College of Technical Education (PCTE) is a state college in Punjab and is offering four scholarship
opportunities to South African students at PCTE in June/July 2020.
The scholarship covers tuition and 50% of accommodation fees. Scholarship recipients will have to pay
USD 1 000 per year. Successful applicants will also be expected to cover the cost of travel to India and
any additional living expenses not covered by the scholarship.
The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) is responsible for nominations, and all
applications must be submitted to the DHET. However, no funding to support the uptake of this scholarship
can be provided by the DHET.
Application deadline is 20 February 2020.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must not be more than 25 years of age;
- South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record;
- Available to study in India from June/July 2020;
- Bachelor's applicants must have university entrance on NSC certificate and meet the minimum
requirements to gain entry into a similar course at a South African university;
- Master's applicants must have graduated from a university recognized by PCTE and the Indian University
Fields of Study
All fields of study available at the college, these include computer science, medical science, biotechnology,
agriculture. More details are available at: https://pcte.edu.in/
Submit the following documents to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za by 20 February 2020:
- Completed PCTE application form
- Copy of Matric certificate for Bachelor's applicants
- Copy of degree certificate and academic transcript for Master's applicants
- Copy of passport
- Reference letter (from teacher or school principal) Must be signed and on a letter head
1. Shortlisted applicants will be notified on 24 February 2020;
2. Interviews will be held in Pretoria or by Skype on 27 February 2020;
3. Nominated candidates will be informed by 28 February 2020 and will be required to complete and
submit any outstanding documents AND submit a medical certificate by no later than 10 March,br> 2020.
4. Final selection will be done by the PTCE and successful applicants will be notified by the end of
March and must book their own flight to depart for India within the first 2 weeks of July 2020.
For queries regarding the course of study or the scholarship provisions, contact PTCE's Facebook page
Documents and links
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are
responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa. If there are any
discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details
provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education