The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate studies in Ireland. Please look at the eligibility criteria carefully before requesting further information and / or applying.
"This fellowship was set up in 2012 in honour of the late Professor Kader Asmal, who taught law at Trinity College Dublin for 27 years, specialising in human rights, labour, and international law. He co-founded the Irish Anti-Apartheid Movement in 1963 and served as Chair until his return to South Africa in 1990. He was part of the ANC team that negotiated the transition to democracy. In 1994, he became Minister for Water Affairs and Forestry in the first ANC Government after the advent of democracy and served as Minister for Education from 1999 to 2004. He died in June 2011."
Scholarships are available for studies in the following fields:
- Business Management
- - Economics, Accounting, and Human Resource Management
- - Management and Business.
- Agriculture, Food Science and Nutrition
- - Agriculture, Climate Change, Rural Development and Sustainability.
- Public Administration
- - Economics, Accounting, Human Resource Management
- - Public Health, Health Economics and Health Engineering.
- - South African citizen or a citizen of Zimbabwe who has a South African permanent residence permit.
- - Must have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted into a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland
- - A student seeking funding for full time postgraduate programme in one of the listed subject areas
- - A student who will be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2016/17
Applications must be submitted online via the website of the Canon Collins Education and Legal Assistance Trust: http://www.canoncollins.org.uk/apply/scholarship/kader-asmal-fellowship.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, 21 February 2017.
Documents and links
For more information and eligibility criteria please visit the Canon Collins website http://www.canoncollins.org.uk/apply/scholarship/kader-asmal-fellowship.
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above.