JAPAN: JOINT JAPAN / WORLD BANK GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME (JJ/WBGSP)
The World Bank is offering scholarships to study at the University of Tsukuba in Japan, under the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences. The scholarship is an 18 month programme that focuses on International Development with a specific focus on economic and social problems of developing and transitioning countries.
Application deadline is 28 February 2017.
- - Be under the age of 45 by 28 February 2017.
- - Be a national of a World Bank member country that receives funding from the World Bank.
- - Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- - Not be a past recipient of a scholarship from the government of Japan.
- - Have a full-time job unless the applicant is a citizen of the “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”, as listed by the World Bank.
- - Not be employed, or be related to someone who is employed, by the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement Disputes).
- - By 28 February 2017, have at least three years working experience. Applicants from countries listed under the “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” do not need to be full-time employees or paid.
What the scholarship covers
- - A return flight, economy class, and a travel allowance of USD 500 for each trip
- - Full tuition and fees
- - Monthly stipend
- - National health insurance
- - Other programme expenses.
For more information about the application process please visit: pepp.hass.tsukuba.ac.jp/admission/
Documents and links
For more information please visit: pepp.hass.tsukuba.ac.jp/admission/
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above.