The Chinese Government established the Scholarship for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China- Master Program (YES CHINA) in order to provide financial support to outstanding youth who wish to go to China to pursue a Master's degree. The Scholarship is aimed at promoting mutual understanding and friendship between China and other countries, and to provide education opportunities to young professionals.
The application process will close on 20 April 2018. No late applications will be considered.
Who can apply?
- South African citizens in good health both physical and mental
- Not older than 45 years of age (must be born after September 1, 1973)
- Must be in a possession of a Bachelor's or higher degree
- Must have at least 3 years' work experience, some educational or professional experience in a field related to the Master's program applied for
- Must be working in a government agency, company or research institute, and be a Section Director or Chief of Office, or Senior Manager, or excellent in scientific research
- Must have good English proficiency and be able to follow English-taught courses well. Minimum requirements for reference: IELTS (Academic) total score 6.0, or TOEFL Internet score of 80.
- Must have a strong development potential in your career and be willing to promote the mutual cooperation and exchanges between China and your home country
Students who are currently studying in China or already hold the Chinese Government Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Fields of Study
The following Master's programs are available:
1. Master of Laws (LLM) Program in Chinese Law offered by Peking University (PKU)
2. International Program on Master of Public Health (IMPH) offered by Tsinghua University
3. Master of International Economic Cooperation offered by University of International Business and Economics (UIBE)
4. Master of China Studies offered by Zhejiang University (ZJU)
5. LLM Program in International Economic Law offered by East China University of Politics and Law (ECUPL)
6. MBA Program offered by South China University of Technology (SCUST)
7. AIIB Master of International Finance offered by University of International Business and Economics (UIBE)
8. Master of One-Belt-Road Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering offered by Southeast University (SEU).
What the Scholarship offers
- Exempted fees: tuition and internship fees
- On-campus accommodation
- Living allowance
- Once-off settlement subsidy after registration
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- One-way air ticket to China upon registration and a one-way air ticket back from China to the student's home country after completion of studies
Please note that it is required that applicants must register on the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System at http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org to submit online application and supporting documents. The deadline for application is 20 April 2018.
Downloads and Links
For enquiries please contact Mr Wang Daoyu (First Secretary Chinese Embassy: Education) email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +27 12 431 6566.
Please note that this scholarship is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided regarding the scholarship, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training.