- Tel: +27 (0) 12 312 5372
SWEDEN: Innovation for Change in Public Transport 2021-2022
International Scholarships Hits: 2034
The Lund University in Sweden is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the Public Sector Innovation Programme - Innovation for Change in Public Transport funded by the Swedish Institute. The programme is a collaboration between Lund University’s School of Economics and Management (LUSEM), Sweden’s National Center for Research and Education on Public Transport (K2) and Transport and Roads, Division of the Department of Technology and Society at the Faculty of Engineering (LTH).
The programme aims to empower individuals representing the actors in public as well as private organisations so that they can work together for a renewal of public transport systems and thereby contribute to sustainable cities and communities. The programme also seeks to contribute to innovation in the public sector and supports the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development.
The programme is mainly online with one week in Sweden during spring 2022 and participation is free of charge.
More details about the programme content and set up can be found here.
Capacity building programme.
The deadline for applications is 10 June 2021.
Outcome of applications will be announced in July/August 2021.
Who can apply?
- Be public servants and decision-makers at central, regional or local level, professionals in leading positions, working with transport planning and management, mobility, accessibility issues in the public sector.
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience in the relevant area of the programme.
- Be between 30-55 years of age.
- Be from South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and Uganda.
- Be proficient in English.
- Have the time to dedicate to the programme.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Fields of Study
Transport planning and management.
The programme consists of five thematic modules; each module giving the participants knowledge about leadership, innovation, innovation work and its contexts.
What the scholarship offers
- Participation in this programme is free of charge.
- Travel to and from Sweden.
- Accommodation and meals during the onsite module in Sweden.
Please note: Successful scholarship applicants will have to make provision for visa costs (R1470) and all other related expenses not covered by the scholarship. The cost of living in Sweden for students can be between €843 or $1,015 (https://studyinsweden.se/moving-to-sweden/accommodation-budget/).
Applications are strictly online via the Lund University website.
The application consists of several steps, some of which you may need to prepare beforehand:
You need to include the following documents, all files in pdf format:
- CV: should include relevant professional experience, as well as educational background/experience.
- Letter of Recommendation from your employer: the employer must briefly states the reason for endorsing you as an applicant.
- Motivation letter: motivate why your participation in the programme is relevant and important.
Documents and links
- Innovation for Change in Public Transport
- Apply to the programme Innovation for Change in Public Transport
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training.